Friday, November 28, 2008

Thats just rude.

Two more weeks until I am home with you beezos and after today I can honestly not wait.
So yesterday was Thanksgiving and I was totally okay with the fact that I was not in anyway going to be able to take part. I was in school all day and then duty all night so I just acted like it was any other day. When I came down in the morning a bunch of teachers wished me a Happy Thanksgiving which was really nice. They were all like...thats what you say right, ''Happy Thanksgiving.'' I was like like yes that is perfect thank you. So the day was normal nothing exciting. I had green beans for lunch to try and compensate for my lack of green bean casserole, but it did not work at all. Plain green beans are just not as good.
So that night I decided to have a little fun with my 6th graders that night on duty and make cookie dough with them. When I showed up they all gave me handmade Thanksgiving cards with Pocahontas on them. They are great, I love them. It was great. So then I talked to the wonderful extended fam. I went to bed missing everyone, but still feeling pretty good.
Then I woke up.
The cookie dough was frozen. Awesome
I woke up the girls waited for them to get ready walked them over to breakfast and got showered an changed. When I came down to check my Harry Potter pigeon hole I realized I had three covers in prep school.
Spectacular.
They don't believe in substitutes here so the other teachers just cover for the ones who have gone missing. So I was in reception allll morning. Which means preschool. I honestly didn't really mind it Thaaat much except that they all had colds and wanted to hold my hand. So they would wipe their nose..or cough into their hands and then grab mine.
Fabulous.
So I played in the sand. Zipped jackets. Put together puzzles. For three hours.
Once I was finished I got to spend more time in prep school doing netball. What is netball you ask? I wish I could tell you. It is an incredibly weird game where you pretend you are playing basketball but you are not allowed to dribble and the hoop has no backboard. You are also only allowed in certain areas of the court. So instead of trying to coach I teach the ones on the sideline how to spell their name in American sign language.
I actually was feeling a little better at this point because the girls were making me laugh.
UNTIL.
One of the girls asks me where in America I was from, New Jersey I said.
Ahh they replied.
Then one of the girls asks...honestly you need to prepare yourself for this.
Are you ready???


Girl I now cannot stand: ''Have you ever been on extreme makeover.''
Me:''Pardon???' (me thinking I must have heard her wrong)
Girl: ''Have you ever been on extreme makeover.''
Me: ''Do I look like I have ever been on extreme makeover???'' (said in a not so very nice voice)
Girl: ''uhhh''
Me: repeat question above.
Girl: No, but it is in America.
Me: ''Well no I have not.''
I mean really. Really.

On a nicer note..apparently they are like loving me hear. The headmaster asked if I would stay another year today. I was like hmm im not sure.
Anyway I am off to duty. I miss you all, just a little bit more than my Aunt Nancys mashed potatoes, but not by much.
See you in 14 days.

2 comments:

Etc said...

she totally didn't mean it like that. p.s. dad texted me to tell me you had a new post up. and he is in the other room.

mcuneo said...

haha he texted me..''Marcy has a new blog post.'' at five in the morning. I just assumed it was to go to you.