Thursday, November 13, 2008

You say tomato, I say tomato

October 19th.
Okay so you know that saying..you say tomato I say tomato...haha but obviously said differently even though they are spelled the same. I remember singing that and being like no one actually says it the other way. Well they do..here they do..and since I am obsessed with the tomato soup the school makes..I started saying it the other way. Haha I dont know why I feel like I should be telling you this but whatever. So this week flew by as usual. I am going on a school trip tomorrow with prep school which means I only have three school days till I leave for Italy. I am very excited. Hopefully the girls that I am going with all get along and there are no probalems with that, I dont see why there would be anyway. I actually just found out that the girl I am supposed to be flying home with has to leave a day earlier because her school signed her up for some lifegaurd course..which means that I will be staying in Rome for the last night on my own. Pretty scary, but I am sure I will be fine. It is always comforting to have someone to travel with..because I am not the best in those situations ..I always get frazzeled and make rash decisions and end up on the wrong train..or loosing my ticket. Woops. I made sure that everything was electronic haha..when I called to move my flight up for chirstmas I asked the lady if I was going to have an electronic ticket and she was like yes.. I was lke good my dad wont let me have a paper one anymore..she was like uhh okay. Haha I was like why the heck am I telling this woman this??
So I was teaching a basketball lesson the other day and I was talking to them about shooting and I mentioned Micheal Jordan and do you know what they said....'is that the guy that was in space jam?' That was all they knew of him...I was like YOU DONT KNOW WHO MICHEAL JORDAN IS???? I was completely shocked...they also asked me if I played basketball professionally...I was like yeah...I am Leisa Leslie..which was a dumb thing to say because they obviously didnt know her either. Needless to say they dont play much basketball over here..and it is hilarious trying to teach them it.
We had a girls night last night and like 14 teachers went out for a curry (all they ever go out to eat for). So I was drinking red wine before dinner and had two glasses..not smart...and so when we were eating we got two bottles of red and two bottles of white...Well only two people were drinking red wine..and I was one of them. So I pretty much dont remember getting up from the table. Then we apparently went on to the wine bar..which is pretty much the K's of Barney. It is a small little bar..that weirdly enough despite its name has no wine. You pretty much only go there if you are completely blacked out (so they say) and feel like dancing or seeing 6th formers (seniors). So I guess we all wanted to dance because some of us ended up there..I vaguely remember dancing..never a good sign. I woke up to the fire alarm at 8:00 a.m. and was still in my dress. I did not go out for it..since it goes off like once a day and is set off by spiders going in the alarms..no joke. Haha I hope you all had a eventful saturday night as well.

1 comment:

Karen Cuneo said...

so liek i wrote this really long message to you, and all of the sudden i had to liek type in a word verification, but is it really my fault if a L and O combo looks liek a D...i think not. So anyway i guess the message is gone, somewhere in cyberspace, or maybe just deleted. The gist of it was i miss oyu, i baked coffee, coco, and cinnamon cookies with banana icing, so good. the house is so messy with out you. and also you need to fill me in on the latest european fashion trends so i can be super stylish! alright cya snitches... only a few more days to you come home! (i know you already have made a paper chain) p.s. i dont know if this is liek in the right spot of whatever but k