Well its not really but I was expecting something a lot more spectacular then what it was, so if it did happen to crumble I would not be bothered. So I just returned from a wonderful trip to London. Before I get into that ill just tell you about my week. Soo it pretty much flew by I was really busy all week. I had to do duty Monday night because the teacher that usually does it was ill. Then Wednesday night I was invited to a dinner by the lectern club. It was really nice it was me and three others teachers and like 20 students. What they do is the pick a theme, this year it was heroes and villains and they give either short or long speeches on the themes. The speeches were really good and so was the food! So then Thursday night I was supposed to be on duty but the house parents were taking all the kids to see the new James Bond film so I got to tag along with them. I liked the film was I was VERY upset to find out that popcorn in England is NOT the same as the popcorn you would get in the states. It was sweet. I was so upset. I wanted butter and salt and ice in my soda! So that was disappointing. Then Friday I took off with Lesley and Martin to go to London. They were heading down as well so they said they would drive me, which was awesome and very convenient. It took us 5 hours to get down there and by the time I got to the girls house where I was staying it was like 10. So I got ready really quick and the four of us went out. Two girls are working together at the school and one of the girls had a friend from home visiting. It was a good night but it was absolutely freezing and I think we spent more time traveling and walking around to bars then actually in one.
Saturday I got up and explored London!! It was really fun and I saw so much. Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, London Bridge, London Towers, the London Eye (which I didn't ride) We then got fish and chips at a little pub on the Thames and I got mulled wine. After that we decided to do the London Dungeons. It was really cool it was just a bunch of actors and stuff that told you stories about things that happened in London back in the day, like Sweeney Todd and such. After that I left the two girls to go to Oxford street and do some shopping. Then I took the tube to meet up with Rachael Pickin, one of the girls I went to Italy with. Her and her friends from home who is also over here with ELA are both actually is seeing a guys here, both rugby players. I met up with them and we went out with them and a bunch of their friends. Everyone had been drinking like all day minus me and Rachael so everyone was reeeaaaly drunk. It was funny. So we got to this one club that we are trying to go in and just as I am about to go in Rachael's friend comes storming out crying saying she got kicked out for no reason. So we stand on the side for a while trying to figure out what is going on. Then they are apparently going to let us back in. So I get back in line and as I am walking in Rachael's boy Chris is walking away and Rachael is following. I was like uhh are you guys coming in? The lady was then like no he has street clothes on. So once again I start to walk away but this time, this is truly hilarious.
So I am walking away from the woman and trying to get out of the like line and away from all the people to cross the street. But like any proper club they have those metal things up with the ropes. So me being the very smart person that I am decide I will just walk over it instead of walking around. Yup all was clear until my final step onto the street when I pulled down the ENTIRE rope line with all the poles. I just like stopped and stared at all the people. I was like uhh I am really sorry and then ran across the street as if that would make them not be able to see me. Instead it made people want to look more, so the entire line of people is staring at me as I run across the street to hide behind Rachael who is not helping because she is laughing so hard. so typical.
So we went back to the hotel and decide heyy why not drink some more? So we ask the guy if there is a hotel bar and he says no its closed. So we were like oh okay and he was like go have a look. We were like no we believe you that its closed its okay and he goes no go have a look. We were like uhh alright. So we go have a look and there are 5 older men in there drinking. We were like uhh hi? They were very drunk and insisted on us joining them, pushing their one young member of the group behind the bar to pour us all Guinness. We get to talking to them and for some reason one of the guys gets up and starts singing New York, New York using a vacuum cleaner hose as his microphone. We of course ask him to keep singing, he was actually really good, so he serenades us some more with Billy Joel and so one. Rachael and I then start playing heart and soul on the piano. Where I then insist on showing her my talent of playing it upside down. uhh yeah then eventually many hours later we finally went to bed. Sooo ridiculous. So i just got back from another 4 hour car ride and I am very tired and will probably eat some dinner then go to bed. Okay bye for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment