Monday, January 5, 2009

Bah, Humbug!

Okay so I know Christmas is over and I shouldn't really be quoting scrooge in January, but that is all I can really think of describe my frustration. So being home was oooh so fabulous. I got to see the fam, see my friends and actually talk to them on the phone, relax a bit, eat food I missed (King of Pizza, Sushi, Karens cookies.) Then Em, Grace, Karen and I were off to London and Scotland which was so much fun. I will be writing more about all that later when I have more time.
Soo all was well. I said farewell to my sisters and was ready (not really) to start a new term. So school not so officially started today. We really just had a staff meeting in the morning and then I had a dept meeting and we were off on our own. So after that I decided to bring down my brand spanking new laptop to the IT guy to let him configure me to the system so I could connect to the Internet. Yayy I was so excited I skipped over to the IT block. Then I almost slipped on the ice so I decided I better walk because knowing my luck I would slip and fall and shatter that shiny white laptop of mine to pieces. So I got the IT block and my guy was no where around. So I waited a little bit and all off a sudden he appeared. I could not contain my excitement. As he walked up I was smiling so hard it hurt.
'Helloooooo,' I said.
'Hey, what can I do for you.'
Me, Holding up my computer, 'I was wondering if you could...'
'Is that a mac?, uhh I can't do anything with mac's''
Me: Smile fall, frown appear. ''So you can't like let me into the system to get Internet.'
Him: 'No the program is for PC's, mac is not a pc.'
Me: Tears welling up, 'oh okay'
Him: 'you might be able to do dial-up but you would only be able to use it for a really short amount of time. I'm really sorry.'
Me: 'No worries, thanks anyway'

That poor IT guy I dont think he knew what to do when he saw the tears in my eyes. I was so upset. Damn, those stupid 'Im a PC commercials' Yeah well I am a mac and I hate you PC's because now I have a brand spanking new computer to look at. I am sorry for all those who want to look at pictures from our trip. It takes a900 hours to upload them. I promise to write a happy post tomorrow.

No comments: