Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I want to pump you up.

Hellloo my fellow Americans. I am sure you are all feeling super patriotic after yesterday. I have to say I watched the inauguration on T.V. (cancelling my lax activity, but it was hailing so I quickly got over it) and I was extremely jealous of all the people that are still living in D.C. Biscuts I looked at your pictures and I could only imagine what it was like to have been there. I kept watching the T.V. thinking ohhh that's so weird, I have been there so many times. It made me really miss the States. Everyone here seemed just as exciting about it as I was, some even more. I don't really like to cancel my activities so I wasn't really planning on watching it until one of the Matrons told me I must and I am really glad I did.

Now I think I forgot to tell you guys this, but I am now taking self defense classes with the girls. One of the other teachers asked me if I would join so she wouldn't be the only adult . I wasn't too keen on the idea until she told me he trained Matt Damon for the Borne Supremacy, once I found that out I quickly changed my mind. So last week was my first class and I don't think the instructor likes me very much. To be honest I don't know if I can blame him. So at the start of the class he decides to explain this super complicated thing that we were supposed to be paying very close attention to. I of course was not. He finished his little routine and then,
said, ''right, any questions.''
Me: ''Uhh yeah, what is Matt Damon like.''
Him:'' I didn't actually teach Matt Damon. All the stuff you are learning he did in the film.''
Me: ''So you've never met him'' (clearly a very disappointed look on my face.''
Him: ''No. Do you have any questions about the instruction.''
Me:''uhh no.''
I did have about one hundred questions about the instruction because I did not pay any attention to it, I was to interested in hearing about Matt Damon. Now I was very far behind, had no idea how to do the sequence, couldn't ask the instructor since he already hated me, and I still had no idea what Matt Damon was like in person. So I wouldn't really call my first session a success.
Tonight was session number two and it was much better. We did a lot of punching and stuff with knives. It was very cool. Still even when I didn't think it was possible, I got the instruct er to hate me a little bit more. He decided to use me as a demonstration, probably to get back at me for last week. He did this weird thing with my arm where it is supposed to hyper-extend and hurt really bad. So you are supposed to tap when you feel the pain. So I stood there waiting and waiting, but the pain never came.
Very scary man in army pants: ''Do you feel it yet.''
Me: ''oh, now?''
Man with no legs: ''yes.''
Me:'' No...um I think I might be double jointed.''
Scary man: ''there is always one.''
So then he does this ridiculous move and I am on the ground. So the next few weeks might be a bit of a nightmare since I am not his favorite student. Still no one will ever be able to pull a knife on me again, or ill go chuck norris on there ass.
Miss you.
ttyl.

1 comment:

Etc said...

the word keen has taken over "as well" as your new favorite phrase! byeeeeeee