Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A New Year.

So you know how it goes.

After New Years, everywhere you look there is signs and reminders about a new year, a new you. It is pretty unavoidable and I guess people are really taking it seriously because I when I went to the gym last night it was beyond packed.

Now usually the gym is crowded but not too bad. I am able to use the treadmill for as long as my little heart desires. After the sheep incident, I really wasn't up for taking chances running outside, so I i joined the gym and I have been going there ever since.

So last night when I got in I put in my ID number into their fancy computer sign in and I see I have a message. Ohh I think, who could this be from. No one exciting, its from the manager.

A Reminder:

''Please remember when the gym is crowded you are only allowed to spend 12 minutes on the cardio machines.'' WHAaaat. A reminder. I was never told this in the first place. I could understand 20 minutes, 15 even, but 12 minutes is a joke. I decided I was going to run until the person next to me got off, when she did, no one got on and so I kept going. Well I ended up running a little over my time limit, so when I got off there was a guy waiting and he gave me a very dirty look.

woops I thought.

The crowd in the gym last night also seemed to bring in the heat. I was looking around at some of the other girls in the gym riding the bikes, every single one of them was on one, and they all looked as if they were going to a party, not the gym. They had on matching full tracksuits, that they must have gotten for Christmas, hair perfect and make-up done, riding these bikes without breaking a sweat. I wondered how in the world they were wearing pants and a long-sleeve shirt, when I am sweating to death. I of course was the opposite of these girls. Wearing bright blue soffes that were a mess, a white shirt that was now literally dripping with sweat and my hair pulled in the usual spot on top of my head. I was literally dying.

Annoyed as I was I kept wiping the sweat driping down from my brow and ignored the nonsweaty girls. Once I left the gym area I headed to the locker room to pick up my stuff and this is where it got a little embarassing. Sooo whenever a door is like open ahead of me, usually just pick up the speed and try to slide out without having to open it again. Incredibly lazy I know, but it also makes me feel a little James Bondish. I have done it a ton of times and I have never had a problem until...
So a women right ahead of me walked out. I noticed the two teenage boys were pretty far away from getting to it so all I had to do was pick up the speed get in and I would not look rude for not holding the door open. All was clear until I almost out and the door closed on my right sholder, smacking the rest of my body to the other door that was not opened. I was basically stuck between the doors unable to move. The two boys who looked at me as if I might be the dumbest person they ever met, kindly helped me open the door to get out. I probably left sweat marks on the door where I hit it, but I was too embarassed to check. I mumbled thank you to the boys and bolted to the locker rooms.
I dont know if I will ever be able to go back........

No comments: