Oh the life in Barney. So it has already been two weeks since my sisters left which means once again the time is flying by. I started doing lacrosse with the girls at every age level and even though they are very far behind they seem every keen on learning. In my senior activity yesterday we were playing 7v7 and it was a little dark but we were still able to see the ball. All of a sudden on of the girls ran towards the goal. Someone passed it from behind, there was a loud pop and I saw the ball roll into the goal. Oh well done I thought, that was a nice goal. Until she turned around.
HOLY CRAP
I would have a been a very beautiful goal if she had only used her stick, unfortunately she used her head. She had a legit dent in her head where the ball had hit her and it started to swell up all around it.
''Okay everyone, nice job, but were gonna go inside now.''
Zoe (the girl that was hit) insisted that it did not hurt and she was alright but you could clearly tell she was out of it. We got her some ice and another girl walked her down to the medical centre. I called down there the next morning to see if everything went alright and the nurse said she had to lay her down and have her grandmother pick her up because she was not capable of driving home. Ohh good, very smooth.
All that day the teachers in school were winding me up about it. Every time I walked by a group of them, it seemed to spark up the Zoe incident.
‘’Omg, have you seen Zoe today?’’
‘’Yeah, its not good.’’
''No she looks like a dinosaur.''
During break time, while they were starting to get agitated because their biscuits had not yet arrived, it was the topic of conversation.
And then once again in the break room after school. (There is a lot of break and tea time in England.)
I did my best to ignore them, but they really don’t know how to let things go.
Later, when I was down at prep school, I was hassling the kids to hurry up as always when one of them asked me where I was from.
''The United States,'' I told her.
‘’Ohh another,’ boy said, ‘‘I thought you were from Texas.’’
‘‘Uhh no, but Texas is in the United States.’’
‘‘It is.’
‘‘Yup.’’
‘‘Are you sure.’’
‘’Well um I haven't checked in a while, but I'm still gonna say yes.’’
‘’Hmm.’’
‘Where did you think it was.’’
‘’America.’’
‘’Ohh right, I can totally see why you would get them mixed up.‘’
I left it at that, I didn't wan to confuse him anymore.
The rest of the day went smoothly. I went upstairs for lunch because it was fish and chips day and since that is all anyone has there are really no other options. When I came back down, it was time for prep school netball. Not only do I know nothing about netball, but when the kids have no idea how to play it, it is incredibly boring.
Lesley and I were sitting in the staff room both talking about how we could not be asked to go to the lesson. We walked out of the staff room and decided to have a slow walking competition to the bathroom. It was going really good. We probably took two normal sized steps in about three minutes. It was actually causing a lot of attention from the kids, all wondering what we were doing. So we told them it was an experiment and to bugger off. Well who would be the last person you would want to sneak up behind you, when you were doing such a childish thing? That would be the headmaster. All of a sudden he appeared.
‘’Whilst your doing this incredibly interesting experiment, I was wondering if I could take a minute of your time.’’
We both nervously laughed and stopped trying to hold onto the little bit of professionalism we had left.
‘’No please do not stop on my behalf,’’ he said.
As he started talking I realized it had nothing to do with me and snuck off to the bathroom, so I did not have to shuffle my feet as the conversation continued. Poor Lesley had to continue the shuffle as she finished her serious conversation with the headmaster. Woops.
So that will be the last time we do that experiment.
Now, it is Saturday so that means it is the weekend!
I hope everyone has a fabulous one, esp with the eagles playing and the inauguration celebrations. Miss you.
No comments:
Post a Comment