Sunday, December 14, 2008

If only I could apparate.

Uh so good to be home, but I have to admit there was a point that I really didn't think I was going to make it. So I don't know what it is about me but I for some reason attract people to come talk to me. According to my fam I walk around with a scowl on my face, so I must have lightened up in England because I am like an instant friend to people. Sooo I was waiting for the train to start off my journey. When it arrived 5 minutes early it said it was going to York but the big screen said Manchester Airport so I was really confused and could not figure out if I should get on it or not. Apparently a 80 year old man felt the same way. We both after getting on found out it was the wrong one so we both got off and according to him that made us have an instant bond. So when the train finally did come he decided to ditch his reserved seat and sit next to me. It was nice to have some company but at 10.15 when you are on a 3 hour train and you have a 24 hour journey ahead of you the last thing you want is a senile old man telling you the same things over and over again. Bloody Nightmare. This man, William Knox. Was retired, he took an early retirement. He has been doing three cruises a year for 12 years now. That was what he was on his way to. Actually two, right in a row.  A cruise, for the holidays. He was then going to Australia because his sister lives there. He usually goes there for one or two months. He thought about moving there but health insurance is so expensive there. I could go on for hours.
The convo went a little like this:
Senile Man: So your flying to Germany right?
Tired Marcy: Yes, but then to Philly, Germany is just a layover. (2nd time)
Forgetful Fella: Oh, so your from New York? 
Uninterested Marcy: No New Jersey (3rd time)
Dori: Have you ever been to Germany before?
Unenthused Marcy: Uh no, well for two other layovers.
Oldie: Oh so youve never been to Germany before?
Me: No , I did stop there, actually twice.
Oldie: Oh is Germany nice?
Me: I dunno I have never left the airport. ........
2 hours later
Are there a lot of Italians in Miami?
uhhh Im not really sure.
Yes well there are, they have an Italian magazine there.
Well then why the heck did you ask me dummy...dont worry that was only in my head....

Once we made a stop at York....
oh where are we?? York?? Last time I was here it was 1944. I was evacuated here during the war. I went back here many years later looking for the people I lived with. They didnt live in the same place. I went house to house and asked people if they knew them. Finally I went to the corner store and she took a liking to me. (every women seemed to, it could possibly be the fact that he really didnt give you a chance to not talk to him.) We talked a while. Then I asked her if she knew these people and then she said you dont know me do you? I said no I didn't. Well I walked to you to school everyday and on and on and on. 
At this point I am pretty sure my eyes glazed over an there was drool coming out of my mouth, but still that did not seem to stop him. Why me, I kept asking myself..
Don't worry because after the train he decided to stick with me. My terminal didnt come up on the screen when I left the train so he convinced me to walk all the way to terminal 2 with him. Terminal two was very far away. It took us like 15 minutes to walk there. And you know what happened when I arrived. I was told that I needed to go to Terminal One. I think I would have actually been upset if it did not mean that I would no longer have to spend time with William. My head would have literally exploded if we spent the whole night together. I said my goodbyes and started on my way.
I decided to take my time to get to terminal one since I had 4 hours to kill. I took all the little strolly walking things and did not walk on them I just let them pull me. Let me tell you, when you dont walk with them, you go preeeeettty slow. There was absolutely no one around so I decided to entertain myself and sing.."All by myself...Don't wanna bee, All by myself...ANYMORE. I didnt sing it too loud just incase someone popped up around the corner. I dont know what I would have done if someone did appear, probably just thank them for fulfilling my request. Yes I was delirious. 
15 hours later I was finally arrived on american soil. Its good to be home.

No comments: