Hello, hello, hello,
It is the last week of term..woohoo.
I have to say I have been living quite a boring life this past week. Saturday night was one of the year 7's last nights here because she is going back to Spain for the rest of the year. So I was asked to go over there and watch x-factor and eat pizza with them. I honestly didn't really have anything to do so I went over, it was actually really fun. We played L-factor, Christmas style. L for the Lodge, what there dorm is called. They sang Christmas songs in German, Spanish, and of course English it was really cute. One of the girls then asked me to sing in American. To which I replied hmm I don't know that language but I can sing in English for you. So after our lovely sing along and getting them hyped up on sweets and coke, I left them to be put to bed. I went to another teachers flat to watch National Lampoons Christmas Vacation and we were halfway through it when the power went out. Not just in the school but in the entire town. Yeah that can apparently happen sometimes and can last for 72 hours. I was like whaaat where is PSE and G when you need them.
The next morning I was supposed to have a hockey match. It was apparently far away, as if anything is ever close to this town. So I get a phone call at 7:30 to tell me that the match is on and I will be picked up at 8. Now I was totally not expecting this since it was absolutely freezing out and there is snow and ice everywhere. I reluctantly got up put on about 4 layers of clothing and waddled (I could not walked, I had too many clothes on) down the stairs. Around 8:10 a very lovely second phone call to tell me that the match was now off. They then had the nerve to ask me if I wanted to go for a walk. No I bloody don't, was my reply. I then laid down in the grass..(I was already sitting)...and teared up. I had no energy to walk back up the stairs but i was absolutely freezing. I ended up falling asleep for like 2 minutes and realized that someone might drive by and think I was dead. So I went back to bed.
That night we had the borders lessons and carols. I of course have never been to anything of the sort. It was actually really nice the kids get up and do readings (lessons) and the choir and sometimes congregation sings songs in between (carols). I was sitting next to a quite large, tone deaf matron in a very confided space so it could have been disastrous, but it still somewhat enjoyable. Except for the fact that everytime I sat down, it was sort of on top of her and then I would slide off. That part was incredibly awkward. By the way, there Oh Little Town of Bethlehem is a completely different tune from ours. At first I just thought it was because the women next to me was just singing it wrong, like she did every other song. But then I realized everyone else was as well. I was so confused I tried to sing along with the others but I kept going back to our version that I just sounded like an idiot. So I sat that one out.
After the service there was a dinner for the boarders and the staff. I sat with the year 11s, sophomores and the headmaster and his wife. It was really fun. I had a great table. It is also a tradition that after dinner the teachers get up and sing the 12 days of Christmas. I was lucky number two. So I had to sing 11 times. We also all had to wear hats, not just the singers, everyone. They were lke little crowns in all different colors. My table lipglossed table #7 to mine so I could represent. It was brilliant. The guy who did number 9 was hilarious and I help but laugh every time he opened his mouth. After dinner a few of us went to the pub to have a few drinks. Then it was off to bed.
Today was incredibly boring. I thinking everyone is just dying for break to begin.
5 more sleeps till home!
6 comments:
Have you figured out what fanny means in Britain? I just watched the Harry Potter Inside the Actors Studio and was surprised to hear that's a curse word over there.
Haha yes I know what it means...I dont think it would be completely appropriate to say it over the internet though...
hey listen. the fat lady sang. show's over. time to come home.
i just tried leaving a comment not sure if it worked, try this again. YO whats happening...taking a break from studying for finals and your blog just made me crack up, thanks! i think this may be my new obsession, besides for the other 15 websites i check hourly. haha hope to see u over the holiday! take careeee
walls
you gave 7th years coke? im disgusted
no you nincompoop. I did not give them coke. Others did. Please that last thing I would give children before I put them to bed would be soda.
Post a Comment