
Happy Thanksgiving!!!.....Well well well. Roll on the weeks until Christmas.
Now I told you I had this Aussie party and I needed some ideas for something to wear..well thank you all for your help....sike. Fortunately I was able to get some good ideas from Lesleys Scottish friend, who suggested we go as Shelias Wheels. Never heard of them?? Well good...neither had I, until I googled them. They apparently are the actors for some car advertisement over here. So we were able to get these faublous pink dresses on Ebay. The women sending them said she would kindly through in a pink headband and belt for each of us as well...so we were thinking we got a deal.
Well the dresses arrived, and as perfect as they were..the headband, dress and belt were all three different shades of pink somehow. So we decided to ditch the belt and go with the other two instead. It was Lesley, Graeme (yes a boy) and myself dressing up. Graeme despite saying no, no, no to make-up and tights..finally gave in after a few beers. His hair was straightened as well. Amy and I did lots of work on my hair to get it nice and teased. Unforuntely we did so well that my headband literally snaped whilst I was wearing it. It was only about a minute in. I called for some emergency back-up and the Peppers were able to supply me with a pink sparkly one from their kindergarten daughters selection.
So everyone was all dressed up and looking fabulous..the hall was all dressed with a d.j. and some fabulous looking sausages..well if you are into that sort of thing. Everyone was hanging out having a good time, when all of a sudden two kangaroos walked by the main doors. Now you can only imagine my excitement..I ran up to Lesely and said holy crap two kangaroos just walked by.
''Yeah, Yeah.''...I got as my response..so I ran up to another...same thing.
Two minutes later...two grown men in blown up kangaroo suits walk in, with boxing gloves on their hands. I look to see a mat being placed on the ground. Kangaroo boxing, get in.
So these two boys fight and all I could think was..I wanna go. Well Lesley and I had the same thought and so she volunteered us for the next round. Now I know this is a party with coworkers..and I know I have to see these people everyday as a professional..but I was not holding back. After being illegally pushed down, I gave Lesley everything I got and brought home the win...with Luke in the background coaching me of course. Another hour goes by and Amy decides she wants to have a go. Amy knows how competitive I am since we always run together so..I kindly say...''Uhh Amy, I am very competitive.''
''I know, I know but it will be fun.''
''Alriiight.''
Poor Amy after about thirty seconds just shrugged her shoulders and let her gloves hang down, while I just yelled come on fight..fight.
Two more minutes and she collapsed onto the ground only to have run up and give her some more punches and then throw my gloves on the ground. (yes this is while the headmaster of prep school and both deputy heads are watching) It was official I had on the trophy and I could not have been prouder.
''Now most family members have already heard this fantastic story because I could not hold in my excitment...Luke asked me if I had the number to the white house the other night when I got off the phone.''
I looked at him puzzled..
''Well I just figured he was the only one left who has not heard your story...''
Cheeky.
Anyway three weeks tomorrow and I am home. Woop woop.
Adios.
Check out this pathetic fight against Amy...she has a much better video so I'll try and snag hers later.
No comments:
Post a Comment