Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Run Forest Run

Sooo.

This week was prety uneventful. Parents teacher conferences on Thursday night which were very long, but actually went pretty smoothly.

Friday was Lukes Gran Kittys (thats how he says it) 87th birthday. So we went to him Mom and Dads for some lasagna and chocolate cake. His nephew Lucas was pretty much the entertainment for the night. He is very cute and despite being two is very well behaved. He loves to play games on Lukes Phone and is surpisingy better at them then the two of us are.

Saturday Amy, Steve, and I had signed ourselves up to run a half marathon. Now we had a route all planned out. Just a bunch of combined runs that we do for cross country. Well we were three and half miles in when we went to go do our second section of the run. Well Amy and I had only did it once and were a bit confused..when we finally got on track we had to run up this big hill. It looked a bit muddy and so I just went for it..only to get completely stuck in the mud past my ankle. I was so upset..not because I had mud up to mid calf and it was freezing and raining, but my shoes...they were absolutely ruined and I love them. So we kept on trucking...we were on the 9 mile when Amy started to feel it and contemplated dropping out but we would not let her. On the 11th we were running down hill and so Steve and I started playing air guitar and doing the macarana. I was running with my ipod the whole time and so I had it connected to my shoe with Lance Armstrong letting me know each time we completed another mile. Well it was pretty low on battery the whole time we wre running but we were down to 100 meters..and wham it shut off. I was so upset that I didn't get my very long congratulations your the best speech from Lance..it hardly seemed worth it after that. Well we finished and were walking up the hill trying to flag down the ambulance that was pulling out the school drive since all of us were convinced we were crippled.

We all went upt o shower and get ready for the night since we had all stupidly made plans..to do various different things that evening.

No comments: