(sorry em gonna be repetitive for you!)
Okay so I kinda suck and have not blogged for the longest time, but I am not going to lie it is because I am lazy and the few hours I have off I do not feel like writing about my boring life. Soo I do not have any ridiculous long stories like usual, but I’ll do my best to keep you entertained.
Soo I work a lot with the year 7s, just like last year, doing hockey and my Thursday night duties, etc. So this one girl Clare is really cute and sweet. Well since I am assistant house mistress this year I am supposed to collect their mertis. (little yellow pieces of paper they get when they do good prep(homework)). So she actually gets a lot of merits and is always hunting me down to give them to me right away, even though she sees me all the time. So the other day we were at hockey. Hockey is obviously out on the astro and the girls get changed before they come out, bringing only their hockey stuff. Well we were doing fitness with them that day and I decided to join in. So we are supposed to be running laps around the astro for 7 minutes non-stop. Well I am running along trying to catch the faster girls in the front when all of a sudden Clare pops up next to me.
“Well, Hi Clare.”
“Hi.” Panting because she had obviously sprinted to catch up to me.
“whats up.”
“I have a merit.”
“well done Clare, well give it to me tonight when I am on duty.”
I look to my right to see Clare putting her hand in her pocket and pulling out a music book.
“I have it,”
Me laughing, “Clare why the heck did you bring your book out with you to games when you know you are going to see me tonight.”
“Because I wanted to show you.”
Don’t forget that during this entire conversation we are still running laps around the astro. Clare had brought out a large music notebook because the teacher had not given her a paper merit, but wrote it in her book. Soo ridiculous.
In other news I am still having a pretty hard time with my year 4s in math. There are 14 boys and only 3 girls and the boys are honestly out of control. One particular nightmare of a child is Fergus. Emily happened that the root of his problems maybe that he is called Fergus, but I honestly this it only makes him more of a devil. No real children actually have that name. So one particular day I am showing the class a little multiplication activity we are going to do using flashcards. I decided to pick Fergus to be my partner for a demonstration so he is paying attention. Well I split the cards in half gave one pile to Fergus and the other to me.
“Right, so I put down a flashcard and Fergus answers it. If he gets it right, he keeps it.”
Now Fergus will put down a flashcard for me. Soo does Fergus place a flashcard down for the teacher. No, what does Fergus do, wait for it, wait for it. He throws them in the air.
Fergus: smirking.
Me: trying me best to not womp this child right in the head. “Well thank you very much Fergus you just showed the class exactly what you are NOT supposed to do in this activity.”
So we played a staff v staff hockey match the other night. It was actually really fun and my team ended up winning 4-1. I was one of the better players seeing that many of the people playing have only picked up a stick once or twice in their lives, but still many of the guys are very athletic and so it was a pretty good match. I was as usual very competitive and ended up diving on the floor to score a goal only two minutes into the match. So the adrenaline was pumping after that, so to say I was a little feisty was an understatement. At one point we had received a penalty corner and I was inserting the ball. I noticed that there was four guys from the opposing team in the goal and then one more behind it. I of course started to yell about how unfair it was and that the guy had to get back. When finally one of the guys was like….”uhh Marcy we are trying to save him from running back to the half-way line.” It was then I remember that the guy behind the goal had only one leg. Woops. I decided to calm down a bit after that.
OH yeah.. I entered a marathon today with my lovely running partner Amy. I am very, very excited. 26.4 miles in Edinburgh on the 23rd of May 2010. Bring it on.
I know I do not have the best track record when it comes to running by myself in this country so its good amy is running with me so I do not kill myself..or get run over by a cow. Speaking of, I think I figured out the whole cow chasing me thing. So last night I was running, by myself, when I was running past a gated field (thank the lord) and there were a bunch of cows who stopped stared at me and proceeded to run to the gate up ahead of me. As if they were going to run me over. Me stop, freak. Then all of a sudden there was a noise and they ran the other way. So my theory is that whenever I am running by them it is their feeding time (makes sense it was about 6) so they think I am running to them for that. Still two minutes later I had to squat on the ground because I had to pee so bad and didn't think I would make it back and then it started pouring. (i was about 1/2 mile from home)
So the run I did I just basically run into the back of school fields, but they recently put a fence up so I had to jump it. This would have been fine because I have done it before but it was raining and apparently wood is slippery when wet. So here I was climbing when I slipped and got stabbed with a wooden post. I made it over in the most graceful way possible. All I can say is thank the lord it was raining so no one else was around to see.
Anyway I have to go to my house morning meeting. Miss ya.
p.s. if anyone has any ideas for where I should go ..let me know!
No comments:
Post a Comment