So I am back to running cross country with the lovely year 11, lower 6th and upper 6th so basically sophs, juniors and seniors. To be honest the start of it has been much easier then last year. I am either in much better shape or the kids are just rubbish. Since there are so many kids on it this year and so many different abilities there are three teachers. So our first run we decided to do a nice easy 3 miler. Well this particular run happens to be through the woods and the kids can get pretty confused where to go next. I was running in the back with Amy, one of the new teachers when we finally reached a pretty tricky turn. There we found the third teacher showing us where to go. We then realized none of us were in the front so I started booking it to the front of the group. As I was on my way I ran passed one of the Hong Kong students. ‘Wow your fast,’ he said, as I was sprinting past. Instead of just letting me go by, he decided he should stay with me. So he started to sprint as well. Uhh this is weird I thought, but I ignored it and engaged in conversation. I asked him his name, Elliot. Where he was from, Hong Kong. Who is your tutor, he had no idea except it started with a B. Soo are you a lower 6th he finally asked me. Ummm no I’m a teacher. He got so embarrassed, he stopped in his tracks, put his head down and turned bright red. I quickly was like no, no, no..its okay don’t worry, I don’t mind.
This all happened last Monday. Well the following Monday I had another very interesting day. So over the weekend there was a bunch of rugby games at home. Amy is training for a half marathon and needed to run 10 miles that day so I decided to join her. It was a particularly hot day for Barney so you could only imagine how lovely I smelled when I got back. Luke’s parents had come to school to watch his team play and the game was just finishing as I got in, so I went to join them for a cup of tea and a biscuit. Luke had to take the opponent coaches in for some beers and a chat so I ended up just standing there talking to his parents. It was not until I had to run over to the kitchens to get more cups that I saw a guy I had gone on a date with last year at this time. I said my awkward hellos and he replied and then I quickly ran away back to Lukes parents before he could say anything else.
Sooo Monday after the final lessons all the teachers go into this front room for tea and biscuts. So there I am sitting with the other teachers when Peps ( the Ari of Barney) walks in with a huge bouquet of flowers. He walked over to Lesley who is sitting next to me and then turns at the last second to put them on my lap.
‘Who the heck would give me flowers,’ I said.
‘Uhh yeah that’s what we would all like to know.’
I know they are not from Luke, even though he is not around to confirm this. Soo I open the card and who are they from, the dude I saw over the weekend. I got so embarrassed I just got up and walked out of the room. Lesley followed me out guessing right away who they were from because she kwew I had seen this guy over the weekend. Thankfully Luke knew all about him as well and when I saw him and blah blah blah. So I had to send this guy a message to tell him I was taken and thanks for the flowers which was not the least bit awkward. I am just going to make sure I stay in the shadows for the time being.
No comments:
Post a Comment