When you think of Paris you think of many things; love, wine, cheese, Eiffel Tower, etc. Unfortunately you don’t think of 54 British children with a tendency to wander. This for some reason, is how I choose to experience my first trip to France. Even though I saw many things on the trip, I can’t help but think how differently my experience may have been if I had gone on different circumstances.
Well it all started Wednesday night. I got on the bus to start our all night bus journey. I found my seat, all the way in the back of the double decker bus. As soon as I sat down the boy in front of me decided to tell me that he farted and spoke in his sleep. Umm brilliant, can’t wait. He failed to mention though, that he is also obsessed with Don McCleans American Pie. He listens to it on repeat while singing out loud to it, oblivious to the fact that he is tone deaf. After many hours on the bus we arrived at our shuttle crossing at 3 in the morning three hours early which would have been great. Unfortunately we were on the first shuttle out, which was the next shuttle to leave, so we were stuck for another three hours. When we did finally arrive at Park Asterix, an amusement park, we were all shattered. We split up into two different groups. One that would go on the ridiculous upside down rollercoaster and the other who wouldn’t. After trying to get into the rollercoaster group I was forced out because we didn’t have enough staff with the duds. So off I went to go on the merry-go-round and the ride where you are on a a very high in the air tram-car. The one where you go slowly around the whole park looking down on it at snail speed (no lie) If they were trying to get me to fall asleep while watching these children they were doing a bloody good job.
After lunch we spoke to the kids about who would possibly want to do some scarier rides. Most of them did they just hadn’t wanted to go on the scary rollercoaster. So the afternoon was much better. That night we drove to Paris to our hotel for the night. It was really late when we got there so we got some food put the kids to bed and got ready for day two.
Day two was Paris.
God so I wrote this ages ago and never posted though and to be honest I really don’t feel like finishing it so I am going to be lazy and put it up incomplete and start a new one.
Another year.
Sooo I packed up all my belongings (really all I went home with once suitcase and came back with two) and made my way to England for another year. My first flight was all right especially since I was bumped up to business class. It was not until I got to Heathrow airport did I want to die and go home. First off I had 7 hours there. Second I had a jam packed vera that may or may not have weighed more then me and then my longchamp with was equally heavy. So not only did I have to wait hours but also it was impossible and very annoying to move anywhere. Anyway I finally got my flight taking the bumpiest ride to Newcastle where Luke was waiting for me.
Soo we went to school where I unpacked shoving my clothes into things that were all ready overflowing. I asked Luke what time our flight was the next day. 3 he replied. Right from where? Newcastle….dear god why didn’t I just sleep there.
So the next day I was back in the airport getting ready to board a 4 hour flight and I am not gonna lie it was very hard for me to get excited. But we arrived in Cyprus and it was beautiful and sunny. We ended up spending the next 7 days laying around on a beach or by the pool which for all of those people that know me very well know that it was not easy for me to lay around all day but I managed (and did force Luke to go for a run three times)
I also discovered hallomi cheese on this trip, which is now my favourite. If you have never had it then go out right now and buy it. Well that is if you like cheese particularly salty cheese and if they sell it outside of the Cyprian area. Oh yeah by they way everyone that was wondering if Cyprus was a part of Greece, it is not. It is its own separate country..anyway. All you do is stick it on the grill for a bit and it is fantastic.
So I know all of you fabulous people thought I like I had a British accent when I came home but everyone thought I sounded and looked so more American since I got back. Honestly I can’t win. So I am starting to settle myself in, again. I am actually really excited for this school year since I will be teaching and doing so much more but I discovered on Friday that I am going to be very busy and it will not be an easy job. Since I am part of both senior school and prep school I at point was expected to be in two places at one. Well I don’t know about you but this doesn’t work for me. I did the best I could but it is not helping my sweating problem and or decision problem both, which have been something I struggle with over the years. Still everyone is very supportive and I am sure everything will work out.
Ohhh by the way Since I am head of Grenville the prep school house I will have to do house singing. (A very insane competition where the whole house gets up and sings a song) Think of sister act. So I need to pick this song. So if any of you can think of a good song for kids from ages 7-11 can all sing together. Let me know.
Now everything else has been going good. It was pouring rain and freezing when I got off the plane from Cyprus so that was incredible depressing and I started to tear up. But yesterday was lovely. It was not warm by any means, jeans and sweater weather, but the sun was out and it was a very nice day. Soo I decided to go for a run. I used to do this one nice hilly run through fields because you could see the whole school and town from the top of this one hill and there is an awesome bridge that is like my favourite spot. But after the sheep incident I don’t really like to run through fields anymore so I adapted it too be only on roads. Well I was running this yesterday, by myself and I was running on this one very narrow road with two huge fields on either side, when I noticed the field to my left was filled with cows. Now these cows are fenced in my dental-flossed looking barbed wire so it is still a bit nerve-racking running next to them. I just kept going doing my best to ignore them (it was downhill as well so it really was not a huge issue) finally the bushes went up and I could not see them anymore. I was listening to my ipod so I couldn’t really hear them as well, until. I heard the loudest MOOOOO ever. It could of honestly came out of my ipod. I jumped, screamed, and then tripped. Expecting to look behind me and see Bessie up my rear, but there was nothing around. I realized that it was a cow still in the field on the other side of a bush. If my heart rate was not up from my running downhill and slow it was def up now. One year down and I don’t think I will ever be fully adapted to the country life. Anyway school starts tomorrow so I better get some work done. Smell ya later.
No comments:
Post a Comment