Soo I am currently in Dublin staying in a rooftop apt right in Temple Bar area! It would be an understatement to say its pretty sweet. As I was in the taxi on the way here I couldn't help but think about the last time I was in Dublin. It was one of the most ridiculous weeks of my life with Jackie and Donk. We had to deal with sherpas as roommates, poop pellets, and drunk Jackie falling and getting a concussion, then proceeded to talk gibberish while Donk tried to figure out how to call 911 in Ireland and I continued to sleep waking up once to tell her she was fine.
So this time around is a little different. For one thing I have two german roommates and my friend Rachael to live with and not random women and men and sherpas.
We are pretty much umpiring all day long so we really have no gotten a chance to explore Dublin during the day. We got to the guinness factory today but it had just closed so we only got to go into the store.
So the tournament we are umpiring for is all british and irish university teams. They can enter a mens team, women's team, or a mixed team. The first day I umpired the women and it was pretty boring. They were not very good and it was freezing out. Every night their was a fancy dress (like costumes) and that night it was like anything basically.
The next day I had to umpire the mixed lacrosse. Now I had heard stories about how crazy it was because they basically just drink the whole time and don't care about lax. One of the girl was saying how she got pants and their were kids in trees and ridiculous stuff like that.
So it was boys and girls playing with girl rules and stickes except they can only hold the ball for 5 seconds and they cannot check and like honestly all the teams just drink all day and it a huge joke. Kids are playing on the field with beers in their hands. So the team we were umpiring were just goofing off the whole time..like playing midget lax and gettting on heir knees and making me and the other ref do it as well. At one point their was 36 people on the field so all of a sudden one of the guys blows my whistle and calls everyone in and goes okay the refs are going to make out. We were like uhh no were not..so three guys pick me up and carry me to where the other ref was and their are like three guys pushing us together.
Our faces were like two inches from eachother but we just kept our heads facing the other way it was ridiculous. So the other ref was like you guys first..well they were wasted and two of the boys actually kissed, so we were like crap I didn't think you were actually going to do that. Soo they would not leave us alone and finally the one guy was like fine well then we will kiss you and just grabbed my face and kissed me and another boy did the same thing to her. We were like what the heck is going on we are in the middle of a game. They also did really funny things after they scored. Like one team all got on their knees and then sang hi ho hi ho its off to work we go and stuff like that.
So thats really been my days and night are even more ridiculous. I have been pulling really shady exits and leaving early but the kids that are playing have honestly been drinking straight for like 4 days, I don't know how they are still alive.
But tonight is our last night. We will have the awards ceremony and then probably go out for a bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment