Okay so I just wrote a blog post but its better when I write them when things actually happen instead of just writing them for an update because then I forget all the good stuff. So yesterday during games it was so windy you could honestly almost get blown over. We we were practicing for out match a Wednesday so we carried on and stayed out side. I was warming up the goalie while the other girls were doing a passing drill, when all of a sudden I notice out of the corner of my eye, one of our yellow bibs escaped and was taking off in the wind.
Shit I thought. As much as I wanted to, I really couldn't let it blow away, especially since the goalie had noticed it as well. Well for those of you who are family members, Do you remember when Mom chased the newspaper down the windy beach, while Dad watched doubled over laughing?? Yeah, it was a reoccurrence of that incident. I was running chasing after this bib, while my team watched behind me. (they had just finished their drill) Not only did my team get a nice view but the fields is also very noticeable to a number of different classrooms. Since we have games lessons during school time I can only imagine how many kids got a nice daydreaming session. It seemed as if every time I went to bend down a little gust of wind came out of nowhere and blew it along a little further. I felt stupid so I was not really trying to run that hard until I realized that I either had to sprint and get it or completely give up and I think it was a little too late for that with all the people watching. Thank god I had my stick in my hand because I finally basically threw it on the bib and caught it. I turned to find my entire senior team laughing at me.
Tuesday was another interesting experience. In chapel that morning the headmaster spoke to the kids about some things that had disappointed him last week. One of the things he spoke about was the use of foul language. So I made a mental note to listen for bad language especially during lacrosse. Later that afternoon I was out with my year 8's and we were doing some rapid fire. I watched one of the girls drop her ball and then say, ''Damn.''
''Excuse me,'' I said.
''Yes miss?''
''Watch your language.''
''What did I say?''
''Damn?''
Laughter.
''Miss that isn't a curse word.''
''Isn't it?''
More laughter.
''No miss, not at all.''
Riiight.
''Okay, carry on.''
I thought maybe they were just taking the piss, but I asked Fiona later and she laughed. No it is not a curse word she told me. It is worse to say crap her then it is damn. Who knew. Damn, the the first curse word everyone really says because its not as bad as the rest, isn't even a curse word here. The things you learn. Weird.
Okay thats it. Till next time.
1 comment:
I can just see Aunt Ellie going after the newspaper on the beach...thanks for the chuckle!
Post a Comment