Another week gone. It was a pretty good one though. Really busy actually I feel like I have no free time anymore. Wednesday was our first day back to self defense class. Just when I thought I was going to be on good terms with this bloke I had to go and destroy what little of a relationship we had left. So I was late for the class because we do the ridiculous barney run thing on wednesdays after school. Basically the entire school goes on this big run and me and three other teachers have to cross them on the main road. Thrilling. So strike one was me being late to scary mans lesson. We did some punching on the bags and then we moved onto some new stuff. He decided to teach us what we would do if someone was going to hit us with a beer bottle. You would block it with your hands above you head and then do this crazy move thingy to grab the bottle hand and basically flip them on the ground. The person that was doing it to me was doing it wrong so he stopped the class for another demonstration using me as his dummy. Well he was trying to do it quickly and was not paying the good attention because he had stopped us in the middle of the drill. So he goes to show the move without waiting for me to pretend to hit him with the bottle. Well the idiot grabs my wrong hand and has it twisted around not realizing the ''broken beer bottle'' is in my free hand. Just as he is about to flip me I stab him in the tummy and say...''woops looks like your dead.'' I got the look of death, ones I thought only I could give and then he said, ''your really cheeky you'' and did the move to me anyway so I was on the ground. I just bounced back up laughing because he was dead, so he would not have been able to do that move, it was great. Needless to say self defense instructor man is not a fan of me. That was pretty much the highlight of my week. Saturday I went to our U15's rugby match down by London. They were in the semi-finals so if they would have won they would be in the championship at twickenham, which is apparently a big deal here. It's like winning the state championship, but more even because it with the whole country. So we left at half nine for a 1 o'clock game. It was supposed to only take us three hours. Well we got there at around 1.45 god knows why or how, saw the second half of the match, not really even that much and then had to get back into the car to drive back. It was pretty much a waste of time. That night was one of the teachers birthdays so he had like 8 friends up. Me and two others teachers went out for some drinks while they went out to dinner and then we were all going to meet up. While we were playing pool in the bar I decided to put on some music. God knows that was a bad idea. I guess for some reason I thought it would be like home and I would blast like rihanna and celine and people would dance with me. So I put on Celine Dion power of love expecting shouts of joy. Yeah that didn't happen. Both the guys I was with were like whaat, this is shit. Going out is really not the same if you can't stand on tables, chairs, or sofas and scream songs at the top of your lungs. The rest of the night was fun but def blurry. The next morning I had to get up for a hockey match. The second I got in the car the couple driving were like uhh so did you have a good night. I passed out before we even pulled out of the drive and slept the entire journey to the match. Then slept on the sideline and waited for us to go on. The sleep def helped though because I was fresh for the match and we ended up winning 2-1. That night on of the teachers decided to make a really nice dinner for us. He made a roast with roasted potatoes, a broccoli and brussel sprout cheesy bake, yorkshire puddings and me stuff peppers. Everything was awesome. I was in charge of the yorkshire puddings, why anyone would give me a job I have no idea. All I really had to do was pour the batter in a cupcake mix and then put it in the oven to rise. 'I trust you.'' were his finally words. The second he said it I knew it I was doomed. Well i put them in and everything was going good. I was supposed to keep them in there for 20 minutes and not open the oven or the would collapse. After about ten minutes I started to smell some burning. Crap I thought. I didn't know what to do. I couldn't open the oven because of the collapsing part but I didn't want them to burn. My friend Luke made an executive decision to see what was happening. We opened the oven to basically pure smoke. Well the things that were baking rise, quite a lot actually. So nobody told me I should probably lower the racks. All of the yorkshire puddings were stuck to the top burners and were basically on fire. It was a nightmare. The chef guy, Martin actually walked in as Luke was trying to rip them off the top burner. I just hid, scared of him. They finally got them all off and he said they were perfect. I think he just felt a little bad for me, but they seemed to be somewhat okay besides the little burning at the top. As long as they were eaten right?
I found out today that I will be going to Greece over easter break. I leave the 28th of May and come back April 3rd. Everything is paid for, they said the only thing I would need money for is booze. As soon as I get back I head to dublin for another free trip of umpiring lacrosse matches and hanging out with college kids for free. Then its hopefully off to visit Jessica in Prague. Oh the life I live. Miss you guys.
1 comment:
haha you're insane. that self defense thing is hilarious. i'm going to Best Buy tomorrow to exchange my Rosetta Stone Portuguese for Rosetta Stone British Slang, because at this rate I'll need it to understand your posts three weeks from now.
Post a Comment