Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Cabin Fever

The snow has still not melted and we are continuing to stay inside for all games and activities so it is starting to drag on. I feel like I don't ever go outside anymore...that's probably because I don't. I realized today at around two that it was going to be the first time I had stepped out door the whole day. Its actually really easy to stay indoors all the time when you live where you work.
I really don't have any fun things to report. The kids caught onto the spoon game and all the spoons are slowly disappearing from the dining hall. We have a staff meeting every Thursday and instead of attending the meeting I usually go into the break room and make sure the don't throw biscuits, etc. So today when I walked into the dining hall and saw the headmaster I got really confused.
'Are you doing break duty today?' I asked him
'Yes, go an have some tea.'
I did not object to this and I quickly walked away. But as I was walking I was trying to think of all the reasons that the head would be doing break duty instead of going to the meeting. The only thing I could come up with was that they wanted me at the meeting to yell at me for starting this ridiculous spoon game that is taking over the school. Teachers are playing it in lessons, chasing one another down the hallways, you can basically hear a spoon drop on the ground at all times. So I went to the staff meeting only to hide under my hood and wait to get yelled at. Surprisingly it didn't happen. The head only went into break because apparently the kids have been really bad recently. Woosh was that a relief.
Yesterday one of the teachers announced to me that he was going to make a roast dinner for the penthouse. I said, 'ohhh that's really nice, but you do know I am a vegetarian.'
'No you can't be, your normal.' he said.
'haha, no but really I am.'
'I don't believe you.'
After much convincing and agreement from other teachers that were around, he finally believed me.
'Wow I am shocked, I have never met a normal vegetarian before.' (like what does that even mean.) You'll be fine, just eat the roast.'
'Oh okay thanks, no problem.'
I felt like I was in My Big Fat Greek Wedding. Later another penthouse member said, well we will just make you a salad. I was like so now I am a rabbit??

So I am off tomorrow for my lovely 24 hour bus ride to Austria. We might even be doing a fancy dress. Some people even mentioned Sound of Music.(nah nah nah nah nah nah I am Liesl nooot Emily, few of you will actually get that) P.S. I just googled how to spell Liesl obviously and did you know that the movie was made in 1965. That's nuts.
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!
missyou.

No comments: