




Four days into Austria and it could not get better... so after spending the first two nights downing them like they were on fire and getting lessons from the bar man to teach up how to do the correct pour …Amy and I discovered Weis beer gives us bad tummies, … and there is also a definite lack of sleep going on but still a small price must be paid for this sort of week.
The usual dreadful coach ride turned out to be not that bad since I had two seats to myself and slept the whole way... Well with the help of some night nurse....
The first day we went to get out boots and I encountered a horrible American/Canadian man. It did not help that I was hungover but he asked me my size I told him in American and then was changing it to English when he said doesn’t matter and walked off to stare at a chart to figure it out…uhh hello I can tell you and then added..I had a really nice pair of white and gold ones last year that I really liked. I was ignored and a very smelly pair of too big boots were placed in front of me. I started to put my foot in the boot when I realized my sock was all bunched up so I went to adjust it..he walked by saying you need to undo them all the way or you are not going to get them one…Yes, thank you I have done this before. Well you are not doing it right now…ohhh I think steam may have come out of my ears at this point…but I kept my cool (there were kids around) and did up my boots and left the horrible man. Later on the slopes I was a bit rough.... I went with the beginner group since I was in it last year but after watching some of them go down hills in snow plow Amy and I decided to move on and do our own thing... After lunch I went with the intermediates who went to the top of the mountain..I went all the way up the ski lift looked down and said..... Why the f do I come on this trip... I hate to ski.... I hate this....but I made it down a few deep breath and tears later
That night we did après ski... Drank to much... Ate some more... Slept even less and did it all over again...
The second day I skied with just Luke and it was so much fun... We went at our own pace... And I actually got a lot better.... Skied a black....skied around houses... Watched Luke do a 360 turn in the air (not purposely) and land very ungraceful a few feet away from his skies... I cried with laughter down the hill to him where he laid defeated... We then stopped halfway down the hill for a hot chocolate...and a bit of a rest, then skied some more…got a gluvine and went home…that night we went to karaoke..then went to get some nachos before heading to bed.
Third day…Amy, Luke and I all skied together….we were all pretty hung over and tired so we stopped off for some breakfast before skiing for the day…we skied a bit very relaxing skiing and had some lunch….Skied all afternoon…daily gluvine….that night we all went out but then came back to the hotel to play some games. We played some game Amy and I had never heard of which involved three coins in everyone’s hand. Everyone decides to put three, two, one, or no coins in their hand and then holds them out. Everyone needs to guess how many coins there are total. Well I was terrible..and lost the first round which meant I had to buy a round of jaegers and beers for the whole table..only to find out a few days later they had all cheated.
4th day was a busy one..we were meeting on the other side of the mountain for lunch so we had to ski nonstop all morning to get there..and then do it all over again to get back to the bus. Now the rest of the week is pretty much the same with some change of who skied with us, etc but it doesn’t really change.
On the last night we did another après ski. The kids were really tired and needed to pack so none of them ended up coming out and so it was just the teachers. We got there at 5.30 and sang our hearts out to Sweet Caroline, Walk like an Egyptian, etc. Now one of my coworkers…always love an après ski and was enjoying himself very much..he was dancing with scarves…and just generally loving life. I think we waited a little two long to get food though because when we got there all he wanted to do was sleep putting his head on the table and ignoring his chili burger. We all got fabulous shots of him. Not that I was much better off. I told Luke off the whole way home because we were leaving at 10.10 and I wanted to leave at 10, woops. Anyway the next morning Amy and I were talking about where we were going to stash our packed lunches since we were sick of lugging them around in our coats (a sandwich really adds some puff) so Amy had the good idea to ask the drunken coworker.
‘He won’t mind, he’s still drunk,’ she said.
Which I then told him what she had said and he laughed agreeing with us.
Later that day as we were eating our lunch we were showing pictures and telling stories about the night before, when Mike (one of the guys that is in charge) said well Charles was ready to ski before everyone this morning. Oh really we asked, why because he was still drunk??
No because he slept in all his ski clothes and woke up in them ..jacket..ski pants..everything….He was too tired to take them off ..well and drunk..and slept with them on all night…ahh classic.
Our day slowly came to an end and we were back to the ski rental place to hand in our boots. Now the obnoxious American/Canadian was back working the boots. I despise this man and he was being rude to everyone yelling at them if they were not given to him perfectly and telling an older man who worked there that was trying to help him that ..he could handle this and its really a one person job.
I handed in my boots..got my shoes..and stopped amy as she was about to hand in some boots not properly done up…ohh watch out youll get yellat if you don’t do them right.
Well he heard me unfortunately..
‘Not yelled at (yelling) its standard procedure everyone has to do them up all the way everytime they put them on or take them off.’ Blah blah blah..I couldn’t hear the rest because instead of saying get a grip you are a boot man, I walked away and was already up the stairs and on the coach by the he finished talking…jerk.
Anyway 25 more hours on a coach and year 2 of the ski trip is behind us. I am beyond boozed out with very tired legs, but I do have a bit of a tan.
Okay to end this lovely blog, Luke has this fantastic joke about tortoises that he always tells and which we pretty much told nonstop on the trip so I will share it with you!!
The usual dreadful coach ride turned out to be not that bad since I had two seats to myself and slept the whole way... Well with the help of some night nurse....
The first day we went to get out boots and I encountered a horrible American/Canadian man. It did not help that I was hungover but he asked me my size I told him in American and then was changing it to English when he said doesn’t matter and walked off to stare at a chart to figure it out…uhh hello I can tell you and then added..I had a really nice pair of white and gold ones last year that I really liked. I was ignored and a very smelly pair of too big boots were placed in front of me. I started to put my foot in the boot when I realized my sock was all bunched up so I went to adjust it..he walked by saying you need to undo them all the way or you are not going to get them one…Yes, thank you I have done this before. Well you are not doing it right now…ohhh I think steam may have come out of my ears at this point…but I kept my cool (there were kids around) and did up my boots and left the horrible man. Later on the slopes I was a bit rough.... I went with the beginner group since I was in it last year but after watching some of them go down hills in snow plow Amy and I decided to move on and do our own thing... After lunch I went with the intermediates who went to the top of the mountain..I went all the way up the ski lift looked down and said..... Why the f do I come on this trip... I hate to ski.... I hate this....but I made it down a few deep breath and tears later
That night we did après ski... Drank to much... Ate some more... Slept even less and did it all over again...
The second day I skied with just Luke and it was so much fun... We went at our own pace... And I actually got a lot better.... Skied a black....skied around houses... Watched Luke do a 360 turn in the air (not purposely) and land very ungraceful a few feet away from his skies... I cried with laughter down the hill to him where he laid defeated... We then stopped halfway down the hill for a hot chocolate...and a bit of a rest, then skied some more…got a gluvine and went home…that night we went to karaoke..then went to get some nachos before heading to bed.
Third day…Amy, Luke and I all skied together….we were all pretty hung over and tired so we stopped off for some breakfast before skiing for the day…we skied a bit very relaxing skiing and had some lunch….Skied all afternoon…daily gluvine….that night we all went out but then came back to the hotel to play some games. We played some game Amy and I had never heard of which involved three coins in everyone’s hand. Everyone decides to put three, two, one, or no coins in their hand and then holds them out. Everyone needs to guess how many coins there are total. Well I was terrible..and lost the first round which meant I had to buy a round of jaegers and beers for the whole table..only to find out a few days later they had all cheated.
4th day was a busy one..we were meeting on the other side of the mountain for lunch so we had to ski nonstop all morning to get there..and then do it all over again to get back to the bus. Now the rest of the week is pretty much the same with some change of who skied with us, etc but it doesn’t really change.
On the last night we did another après ski. The kids were really tired and needed to pack so none of them ended up coming out and so it was just the teachers. We got there at 5.30 and sang our hearts out to Sweet Caroline, Walk like an Egyptian, etc. Now one of my coworkers…always love an après ski and was enjoying himself very much..he was dancing with scarves…and just generally loving life. I think we waited a little two long to get food though because when we got there all he wanted to do was sleep putting his head on the table and ignoring his chili burger. We all got fabulous shots of him. Not that I was much better off. I told Luke off the whole way home because we were leaving at 10.10 and I wanted to leave at 10, woops. Anyway the next morning Amy and I were talking about where we were going to stash our packed lunches since we were sick of lugging them around in our coats (a sandwich really adds some puff) so Amy had the good idea to ask the drunken coworker.
‘He won’t mind, he’s still drunk,’ she said.
Which I then told him what she had said and he laughed agreeing with us.
Later that day as we were eating our lunch we were showing pictures and telling stories about the night before, when Mike (one of the guys that is in charge) said well Charles was ready to ski before everyone this morning. Oh really we asked, why because he was still drunk??
No because he slept in all his ski clothes and woke up in them ..jacket..ski pants..everything….He was too tired to take them off ..well and drunk..and slept with them on all night…ahh classic.
Our day slowly came to an end and we were back to the ski rental place to hand in our boots. Now the obnoxious American/Canadian was back working the boots. I despise this man and he was being rude to everyone yelling at them if they were not given to him perfectly and telling an older man who worked there that was trying to help him that ..he could handle this and its really a one person job.
I handed in my boots..got my shoes..and stopped amy as she was about to hand in some boots not properly done up…ohh watch out youll get yellat if you don’t do them right.
Well he heard me unfortunately..
‘Not yelled at (yelling) its standard procedure everyone has to do them up all the way everytime they put them on or take them off.’ Blah blah blah..I couldn’t hear the rest because instead of saying get a grip you are a boot man, I walked away and was already up the stairs and on the coach by the he finished talking…jerk.
Anyway 25 more hours on a coach and year 2 of the ski trip is behind us. I am beyond boozed out with very tired legs, but I do have a bit of a tan.
Okay to end this lovely blog, Luke has this fantastic joke about tortoises that he always tells and which we pretty much told nonstop on the trip so I will share it with you!!
No comments:
Post a Comment